Arrow of Time
Image: Andre Vujicic
*etnika: Arrow of Time workshops
Valletta Design Cluster, Valletta / Malta Aviation Museum, Ta’ Qali
28 March – 8 April, 2022
Music, performance, installations: *etnika
Image and video content: Magna Żmien
Residency dates: 28 March – 8 April
Venue: Makers’ Space, Valletta Design Cluster, Valletta
Workshop presentations : 2 April, 4pm-7pm
Performances: 8, 9, 10 April, Aviation Museum
In a collaborative project between *etnika and the Magna Żmien Foundation, we are looking for creative individuals interested in participating in a two-week residency, building up to three days of immersive multimedia performances.
The performances by *etnika, called ‘The Arrow of Time’ will be held on the 8th, 9th & 10th April 2022 at the Malta Aviation Museum in Ta’ Qali.
Interested persons should send their expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested participants will work intermittently over the two week period with Wildworks artist-in-residence and Cornwall-based artist Amy Pitt. The residency involves making props for use in the performances and using archival content in assembling audiovisual installations with archival content derived from the Magna Zmien collection.
Expressions of interest must be submitted by the 25th March 2022, and should include details regarding their skills, stating their interest in this project and how they would like to contribute to the making of this collaborative project.
- Collaging physical materials for display in audiovisual installations
- Editing video and sound from the MZ for use in AV installation
- Help in making props and items for projections and use in the show
- Contributing to the show by way of ushering audiences and instructing their passage during show
- Basic actions during performance such as moving screens, directing the audience and encouraging interaction from the audience.
This is a collaborative project supported by the Arts Council Malta RESTART Fund, Atlas Insurance and the Valletta Design Cluster.